Adequate sleep is essential for a healthy life. It is not only the number of hours that you sleep which plays a vital role in having a good sleep, but also the comfort with which you spent the time that influences the quality of sleep.
A right mattress has its bearing on the level of comfort. So, what qualifies for a comfortable mattress? Well, it varies. There are mattresses which are designed to support and cushion your back, while there are few others which are more flexible. Understanding the specific requirement helps in picking up your favourite mattress that offers a good sleep and rest to your body and mind.
If you are planning to buy the mattress in the UK, here are few things to check out before you make the final decision.
- The age of your current mattress plays an important role. A general rule of thumb is that if your mattress is more than eight years old, it is time for a change. However, it is not a compulsion. Determine if you are getting a night of good sleep or having any body-aches etc. to decide upon if you need a change.
- Decide on the budget.
- The firmness that you need.
- Your general sleeping positions.
- The weight of your body
More importantly, what type of mattress you are looking out for is also essential to consider. The type of personal preference varies, and it could be a challenging task to determine the one you need. Here is a look at a few of the common types of mattress in the UK that can help you in making a choice.
- Memory foam mattress: Otherwise, also known as Memory cool mattress, these are among the more popular choice. As the name indicates, it consists of memory foam and is known for providing support, pressure relief and body contouring. Unlike earlier reputation, most of the new memory foams come with cooling properties. Few of these mattresses are temperature control mattresses that have foam crystals which manage the temperature by absorbing, storing and releasing heat. Jasper mattress is the more traditional, simple, but effective type of memory foam mattresses.
- Hypoallergenic foam mattress: These are also a type of memory foam mattress. The Hypoallergenic material in it helps to protect against mould, bacteria and other allergenic particles. Hypoallergenic foam mattress creates an environment which does not allow for these allergenic particles to survive. Breathable tinsel mattress covers offer air circulation and keeps the mattress fresh and your sleep allergic free.
- Orthopaedic mattress: An orthopaedic mattress is designed to support back, joints and overall body. Orthopaedic research is used in creating the mattress, which helps to provide relief for disorders related to spine and joint. The materials used in the foam, the firmness of the mattress, the evenness of distribution etc. are few of the factors that are considered to design an orthopaedic mattress. Among the various such mattresses, the mantle mattresses are gaining popularity because of their simple design which has an unfirms distribution of the material and provides more symmetric support.
- Pillow Top Mattress: Pillow top mattress have an additional layer of soft material that is either stuffed or sewn into the cover. The material used can be a coil, memory foam, latex or hybrid materials. This helps in providing extra comfort and cushion to the person sleeping. If you prefer to have softer and cushioned comfort, a pillow top mattress is an option to check out.
At Beds Divans UK, we have an extensive range of pillow top mattress that is filled in with various materials and different cushion thickness, providing a wider choice as per your comfort.
If you are looking for mattresses in the UK, you can buy them at our online store. Our easy to access and browse online store has a wide range of mattresses and other furniture categorised for your convenience. You can choose the mattress that you want to buy and place the order. Our hassle-free payment gateway makes the payment simple and secure. We have built an effective delivery system and ensure that your mattress is delivered to you within the specified time without any damage.
We provide the assurance of quality on all the products that you purchase from our store, making it easy to shop from the comfort of your place. Apart from mattresses, you can also buy divan beds online for a complete purchase and have a comfortable sleep.